Responsibilities to adhere to Honor Code: Teachers, Students, Parents, Administrators
Teachers and BHS staff will:
- Review expectations for academic integrity with students
- Indicate clearly when collaborative work on a project is permitted.
- Introduce and review the proper method of citation of sources.
- Report Honor Code violations to Brookline High School administration.
- Sign the BHS Honor Code.
- Submit their own work.
- Follow proper methods of citation and ask for help when unsure about citations.
- Not reveal work to others during testing and other assessments.
- Not share assignments with others that are not collaborative assignments.
- Report suspected Honor Code violations to a teacher or other staff member.
- Convey the importance of the BHS Honor Code to BHS students, faculty, parents and the community.
- Facilitate any hearings or meetings when BHS Honor Code violations are questioned.
- Administer consequences according to the BHS Honor Code.